Restore Your Dental Function and Smile with Permanent Tooth Replacements
Addison Grove Dental can replace a missing or severely damaged tooth with a permanent dental implant as part of our services in Addison. Keeping a full smile is not only important for your happiness but also to preserve your oral health. Implants are titanium posts that act as prosthetic roots in your jaw. They are a sturdy foundation for various tooth replacements, including crowns and bridges, and implant-supported dentures.
Do you need a permanent replacement for a missing tooth in Richardson or its surrounding areas? Contact Addison Grove Dental today at (469) 306-4297 to schedule an appointment!
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are sturdy, comfortable, and long-lasting tooth replacements that can last for more than 20 years with appropriate oral hygiene and regular dental examinations. Labs create these implants in titanium because of how well they fuse with your jawbone.
With dental implants, you can:
- Bite, chew, and speak comfortably
- Smile with confidence
- Avoid artificial teeth shifting or slipping
Titanium implants also stimulate the jawbone and prevent bone loss, which supports your oral and general health.
Dental Implant Procedure and Recovery
General good health, healthy gums, and adequate jawbone density are the main eligibility criteria for dental implants. If you have experienced bone loss, we can recommend a bone graft to restore your jaw before receiving a dental implant.
Generally, here's how the dental implant procedure will go:
- On the day of the implant surgery, we use a local anesthetic in most cases, but we also have sedation options available to minimize your discomfort and alleviate your stress. If we need to extract a severely damaged tooth, this is our first step before placing the implant in the bone socket.
- The titanium implant usually takes 12 weeks to properly fuse with your jawbone. At that point, we connect a small connector called an abutment to your implant.
- Our team then takes impressions of your teeth to have the necessary information about your bite so the labs can create the replacement for the visible part of the tooth.
- Whether you opt for a crown or a bridge to complete an individual tooth restoration or need implant-supported dentures, the result will look, feel, and function like your natural teeth.
Call Addison Grove Dental today at (469) 306-4297 or fill out our online contact form to learn more about dental implants!